How Can We Help?
1. Setup Database
Login to cPanel and create a new database.
- Login to your hosting cPanel and navigate go MySQL Databases
- Create database.
- Create user and set up user password.
- Add the user to the database by selecting the database and the username.
- Make sure you have checked All privileges when adding the user to the database.
2. Upload files to your server
(Option : 1) In the root folder (inside public_html or www)
- Upload the files to your server in the same location where public_html or www folder is located ( do not upload inside the public_html or www).
- The application comes with a folder called “public“. Open the folder and move all the files and folders to public_html or www folder and then delete the public folder
- Now from your browser go to http://yourdomain.com/install
(Option : 2) In a sub folder
Let’s assume you have a folder called “crm” inside public_html or www on your server
- Upload the files to your server in the same location where the folder crm is located ( do not upload inside it).
- The application comes with a folder called “public“. Open the folder and move all the files and folders to the crm folder and then delete the public folder
- Now from your browser go to http://yourdomain.com/crm/install
(Option : 3) In a sub domain directory
Let’s assume that you want your sub domain name to be called crm and you want to access the application using a url which will look something like this: http://crm.yourdomain.com.
- Create a folder called “crm” inside public_html or www on your server
- Upload the files to your server inside the folder crm
- From your hosting cpanel go to the subdomain option and create a new sub domain.
- Subdomain Name : Enter your subdomain name. (In this case, enter crm )
- Document Root : Enter public_html/crm/public
- Finally click create
- Now from your browser go to http://crm.yourdomain.com/install
By this time you should be able to see the installation page if you have followed the above mentioned steps correctly.
- The first page of the installation process checks and shows if your server meets the requirements of the application to run. Click Next if everything is alright. However, if any required php extension or folder permission is missing you have to take steps accordingly. If you do not have access rights to the system you might need to contact your hosting provider solve it for you.
- In next page, enter your name, company name, currency, your email and password by which will login to the application after installation. After filling up the form, click next.
- Enter your database access information that you got after step 1 (Setup Database).
- Check if the base URL is correct
- In most cases the hostname is localhost but you should check with your hosting provider
- Finally Click on Connect Database
- Click Install, if the installation is successful you will see a success message. If not it will provide a link to a file for you to download which will contain information about what went wrong. Open the file and see if it’s something that you can resolve, if not then please contact us with the file.
- After successfully installing click on Go to Login Page button and login to the application using the email and password you entered during instillation.
4. After Installation Setup
- General Information
Go to Settings from the main navigation menu which is on left side, and update general information like company phone, email, address, city, state, country, money formatting options, time zone, language etc. Finally upload your company logo for both internal and external use. Optionally upload a favicon.
- Configure Email
Read more on how to configure email by clicking here
- Cron Job
Read more on how to setup up cron by clicking here