How Can We Help?
To add new expense navigate to Expenses and Record Expense.
- Name – Enter expense name . If billable the name can also be used in invoice item name.
- Note – For internal usage, If billable, the note can also be used in the invoice item long description
- Category – Select expense category.
- Date – Add date when the expense is paid.
- Amount – Expense total amount.
- Customer – Select customer if this expense is relevant to a customer (see below for currency notes)
- Billable – This checkbox will show if you select a customer (if applicable), Check this option if the expense is paid/should be paid by the customer.
- Project – After you select a customer, a new dropdown will appear for you to select a project for this expense, ignore this if it is not relevant.
- Currency – See below for currency notes.
- Tax – add tax to this expense.
- Payment Mode – Select payment mode that has been used to pay for this expense.
- Reference # – Add a reference number if applicable.
By default the expense amount will be in your base currency. If you choose this expense to be billable the currency will be changed according to the customer’s currency.
More info about currency when you record an expense
- If customer is not selected – the base currency is used.
- If customer is selected and it is not billable – the base currency is used.
- If customer is selected and it is billable – customer’s currency is used.
- If linked to project – the project currency is used (either customer currency if configured or base currency)